Internships at SGC
Be part of the SGC.
The SGC regularly hires interns for a period of 6 months. The terms usually start in spring and autumn.
If you are interested, please send your applications to valdemar.llenos(at)sgc.org.sg. Your application should include a motivation letter, current CV and other related documents. Should your profile be of interest to us, we will contact you on short notice.
Please also check the webpage of the Ministry of Manpower: www.mom.gov.sg for the current situation on Work Holiday Passes.
What You Should Know About SGC Internship
Who are we looking for
- Students of Business Administration, Political Science, Economics, Communications, Geography, Sociology, and other courses related to the tasks of the internship
- Bachelor or master studies
- Legal internships (Referendariat) cannot be offered
Duration of internship
- 6 months
Tasks at SGC
- Business and administrative management support in the respective departments
- Preparation and facilitation of business matchings and meetings between German and Singaporean companies
- Follow-up with companies regarding future meetings and collaborations
- Market research for German and Singaporean companies, products, economic data etc.
- Supporting webinars and online meetings for key projects
- Administrative support for on-site events such as breakfast briefings, luncheons, networking, and other live events
- Updating databases at CRM
- Writing tasks for SGC publications
- Translation of documents for events, information brochures, webinars, and meetings
- Reception Desk: welcoming visitors, main phone line, answering general inquiries
- Supporting organisation of business delegations from Germany/Singapore
- Adhoc tasks
- S$1,900/month nett
(applies only to students enrolled in these countries: Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States)
- Interns are responsible for securing their accommodation. It is advisable to ensure the accommodation before arriving in Singapore.
Eligibility for Work Holiday Pass (WHP) in Singapore
A WHP or working permit for interns allows interns to stay and work in Singapore for up to 6 months.
- Once internship is confirmed by SGC, applicant needs to secure a Work Holiday Pass (WHP) at the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) Singapore on his/her own.
- Any student aged between 18 to 25 at the time of application is eligible
- Graduate or currently studying in these countries: Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.
- For undergraduates: you have been a full-time student of the university for at least 3 months.
- For graduates: you were a full-time student of the university.