Finding the right person for a job can be daunting and time consuming. We can do this work for you. We are a license employment agency, we have the expertise and wealth of experiences. Contact us now.
In regards to recruitment, our certified employment agents will assist your company in finding the most suitable candidate that best meets your requirements. Furthermore, the SGC will coordinate the search with you throughout the entire selection process such as the publicizing the job, short listing of candidates, coordination and scheduling of interviews.
Purchasing Manager (commencing 1 July 2018, 40hrs/week), German European School Singapore (GESS)
The GESS has strong European foundations and believes in developing confident, forward-looking students through a celebration of respect, openness and inclusiveness. GESS is recognised for its languages and offers a choice between two main curricula: the German Abitur or the English-speaking International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. The school caters to students of all ages, starting from 18 months to graduation at 18 years. GESS is a private school association led by an elected committee and the school management. Currently, more than 300 full and part-time staff are employed at the school. A new purpose-built campus with brand new facilities will open in August, 2018 at Dairy Farm Road.
- Responsible for buying and approving the acquisition of goods and services needed by the School
- Research and communicate with the existing and potential vendors in order to cultivate working relationship and develop most advantageous price and service agreements; seek additional quality supplies to improve vendors list both domestic and overseas supplier
- Observe and maintain existing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures including compilation of annual material lists
- Communicate and coordinate with School Departments/ Sections in order to understand their needs and anticipate and resolve issues, ensuring customer satisfaction and purchasing services meet the needs of the organization
- Review all school contracts and coordinate the acquiring of information to ensure that all contracts are executed according to school policies
- Tracking of orders and claims
- Manager of School Shop, ensuring appropriate stock levels and liaising closely with our uniform supplier
- Strong knowledge in various areas of purchasing including but not limited to Furniture, School supplies and teaching material, IT Equipment and Maintenance items
- Experienced accounting knowledge
- Well established negotiating skills. Effective written and verbal English communication skills
- German language skills- written and verbal is needed due to constant communication with German speaking clients
- High level of intercultural, problem solving, and analytical skills which can be used to take initiative and meet objectives
- Ability to facilitate and lead work groups through planning and manage the utilization of resources
- These skills are typically acquired through five years purchasing experience, and/or through a degree in business or closely related field and two years purchasing experience
- Self-motivated and open-minded personality with an awareness of cultural differences and eager to work in a multi-cultural team
- Experienced with MS Office, esp. Excel and Access
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application, your complete resume, salary expectations and a recent photo. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position. Submit your application via our Careers Page at www.gess.hbcareers.com. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The School reserves the right to appoint prior to the application deadline.
Our students are our most valuable assets. As any professional international school, GESS has a Child Protection Policy. Our recruitment process reflects this policy in that we ask for a police clearance check and further background checks for shortlisted candidates.
Human Resources German European School Singapore 72 Bukit Tinggi Road, Singapore 289760 | +65 6469 1131 | Fax: +65 6469 0308 | www.gess.sg
Compass (HR) Asia Pte Ltd
44B Club Street
Tel.: (65) 6534 7765
Fax: (65) 6534 7769
1 Raffles Place #10-00
One Raffles Place Tower 1
T: +65-64110411 F: +65-62249473
Kienbaum/ FJK Consultants Pte Ltd
350 Orchard Road
#13-07 Shaw House
Tel.: (+65) 6435 2800
Fax: (+65) 6732 5952
Raffles (International) Executive Search Pte Ltd
Founder & CEO
25 International Business Park
#05-109A German Centre
Mobile: +65 9233 1731